COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKERS WANTED!
We are looing for enthusiastic and caring people to become Community Support workers with Moonrise.
Flexible Hours, Immediate Start (subject to the receipt of DBS and satisfactory references)
Function of the Role
- To provide high quality Care and Support to Service Users in their own homes in accordance with current best practice and according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legal requirements and relevant regulations.
- Maintain Care Skills by undertaking training and development as required to maintain best practice.
- Guisborough and surrounding area (within 5 miles)
- Provide care and support to Service Users in their own homes.
- Develop positive relationships with Service Users.
- Develop effective working relationships with other Moonrise 24hr employees.
- Support an open, positive and inclusive working culture.
- Solve day-to-day problems and issues which can arise.
- Implement actions to meet and maintain Care Standards.
- Encourage a model of self-care and Service User Rehabilitation where appropriate.
- Ensures Service Users rights are protected.
- Work in co-operation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities for Service User Therapeutic Care.
- Encourage innovative methods for the delivery of Care.
- Record relevant activities in Care Plans and Service User notes.
- Take Service User on outings into the Community
- Full driving license and access to own vehicle.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent or be willing to work towards this qualification.
- Qualification to administer medication.
- Six months experience in a care setting.
- PEG Feed Training and Experience
Why I left my management job to set up my own care agency
Some might say ‘why leave a good, well paid job to set up your own business’. Well maybe this will help you understand why!
Managing a nursing care recruitment agency allows me to deliver good, quality care to clients whilst giving me the flexibility to look after my family. Yes, there are long hours and tight deadlines to meet, yes I need to make sure that all staff are fully trained to meet client requirements but I love what I do!
My day usually starts around 6am, I have a quick shower, breakfast and then set out to pick staff working that day and drop them off. The drive is a great opportunity to plan my day.
I am the registered Manager for Moonrise 24hr Recruitment, a specialist domiciliary and care provider. We run our services for care homes, hospitals, home care and rehabilitation support for people recovering from acute illness or surgery to palliative care.
Most mornings when we all get into the office, John, Anna, Charity and I will discuss our clients and any staff issues before we start our day. We hold a weekly meeting to discuss the business and review any action plans to be able to meet with Care Quality standards.
My lunch is never organised, it usually involves grabbing a sandwich at my desk while working on the day’s shifts, contacting clients and updating legislative documents.
Each day is never the same, there is so much variety, and responsibility and its a very rewarding industry to be in.
I try to leave work around 5.30pm, but today I stayed back to complete my daily tasks, Bedtime is when I am able to shut my eyes and switch off from work.
It’s an excellent job and I have no regrets about leaving my previous employment. My fabulous team are supporting me to build the business and provide quality care for our clients. That’s what we believe at Moonrise 24hr Recruitment.
Before starting my business, I was a manager in the private sector. I worked alongside other care agencies and witnessed some good and some bad practice. I took what I’ve learnt over the years, good and bad and decided to leave my job (without having anything lined up might I add), took some time to consider my options and then made the career change and set up Moonrise 24hr Recruitment.
And the name, Moonrise 24hr Recruitment was all down to my nine-year-old son.